It has happened.
Amazon added a new feature where you can publish an “ebook” and a paperback version!
This means, for anyone who is willing to put in the effort, to have his/her book read by millions of people.
It’s no longer about “Kindle Publishing” but rather “book publishing in both paperback and kindle form”. Fucking amazing.
Curious on how to publish your own book? Here’s how …
How to find out if a book is profitable
- Do market research. If there are people hanging out on a forum or there is youtube vids about it, then there is a market. However, not all markets are profitable, thus …
- Find out with there is profit in the market. This means, are the people buying stuff in this market? What kind of things are they buying? From a book publishing stand point, are these people buying information products?
- If there is a market and people are buying informational product then you hit a sweet spot.
- See if you can “niche” the book. Meaning, you write a template for the book and keep producing books that are similar to it. AKA “CHICKEN SOUP FOR TEENS” CHICKEN SOUP FOR TEENAGE MOMS” CHICKEN SOUP FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS ETC”. This is a method to re-use your content and produce books fast. (Chicken soup for the soul series is a best seller, simply because they have so many book titles)
Now it's time to sit and write your book.
- You can publish an e-version of your book by using Google word document. Write the book and then export it as “epub”. Then you add it on Amazon Kindle and you’re done – it’s that simple. I don’t even add a table of content for my books.
- If you just write 1 page a day, in 90 days that’s 90 pages. That is enough pages to publish your book.
- Remember: you just need to write once and get paid forever. I published a book in 2012 that is still being bought.
- It cost $0 to create a book cover because you can use a royalty free image
Publishing the book is half the battle - you need to advertise too
- A piece of shit book will sell millions, if it’s hyped and has good marketing.
- A book needs a catchy title and it needs to be entertaining – people don’t really read for education, they read for entertainment value. That is why fiction outsell nonfictions
- Do social media marketing – AKA, Youtube. Youtube is amazing because you get eyeballs to your book, for free.
- Don’t just advertise your book on Youtube, add value. This is why it’s called “content marketing”. For example, if you published a book on dating, then give dating value etc.
- Have a book and do marketing on Youtube by uploading videos. If you do it right, people will buy your book for years to come. This is passive income in it’s purest form because you have a system in place.
In conclusion …
For a “beginner”, publishing books on Amazon is great. Why? Because it cost $0 to publish a book – it just takes time writing.
This is Max Uber, over and out.