Note: this is my latest, best post. Take your time to read the whole thing in 1 sitting.
The compression of two words, sheep and people, to form one word meaning a mass of ignorant, unoriginal humans that herd together and follow mindlessly. ~ taken from urbandictionary.com
Let’s compare and contrast between the sheeple and the Uber Human:
1. The sheeple: watches sports, worships and idolizes athletes, spends money on jerseys shirt and tickets. “I’m such a big fan!”. Eats nacho with a beer in hand while screaming at the TV when his “team” scores.
The uber human: Plays sports himself but won’t sit at home on a Sunday afternoon watching football. Intuitively knows sports is a spectacle for the plebs.
2. The sheeple: goes to the bar and nightclub during the weekends, hoping to get laid. Goes shopping for new clothes, hoping to buy the image of coolness.
The uber human: spends time planning and strategizing his future. Balances his investment portfolio, creates streams of passive income, plans out what he’s doing for the next quarter. He fucks his girlfriend before going to bed.
3. The sheeple: joins the gym as a new year resolution. Buys a new t-shirt and protein shaker to “hype” himself into going to the gym every day. Quits 3 weeks in. “Oh well, there is always next year” he mutters to himself. Runs out of breath when he fucks his girlfriend.
The uber human: Lifts weight (or plays a sport) 3 times a week. Sees exercise as a means to longevity and enhanced mental cognition. Regularly exercise as a life long habit. Fucks his girlfriend until she begs him to stop because she has work the next morning.
4. The sheeple: reads books for entertainment value. Harry Potter, Game of thrones, Hunger Games, you name it. Romance, thrillers, mystery, THAT’S SO EXCITING! The sheeple reads whatever is recommended on Orpah Wilrey’s book reading recommendation. Also likes to read whatever is on New York Times best seller because pop psychology and pop business books are shallow in information but it’s so entertaining!
The uber human: reads books to educate himself rather than for entertainment. Sees reading book as a mental connection / coaching by the greatest minds, both past and present. Heavy focus on economics, philosophy, religion, history, psychology, science, anthropology, math. Understands learning is a life long habits. Finishes roughly 32-40 books a year.
5. The sheeple: watches TV because it’s entertaining and exciting. There are TV shows, reality TV and movies queued up on his netflix. After all, weekends is “netflix and chill”. His baby boomer parents watch TV after work, therefore he continues their tradition of watching TV before bed time.
The uber human: Uses Youtube to watch tutorials/documentaries and enrolls in free online university courses (www.coursera.org). The Internet is an intellectual playground and he knows where to find learning material and connect to smart people. Knows that “netflix and chill” is for plebs.
The sheeple: fucks his girlfriend for 5 minutes before ejaculating. Cuddles with his girlfriend and cries, telling her that the sexual experience is beautiful.
The uber human: fucks his girlfriend for hours and she tells him to stop because she has work in 3 hours and she needs to sleep.
6. The sheeple: buys the latest, trendy clothes hoping to gain approval and “coolness”. In retrospect it was very cringe worthy: Ed Hardy, pink polo shirts. Buys clothes often because there is always the latest new trend.
The uber human: buys clothes that are timeless and maintains a time capsule wardrobe. Buys clothes (maybe) once a year to replace his old worn clothes. Has a “uniform” of some sort, so he doesn’t spend time deciding what to wear every morning. He doesn’t give a fuck really because he has more important and weighty things on his mind.
7. The sheeple: girlfriend breaks up with him. He leaves her 3 voice mails, 10 texts, pleading for her to get back with him. He’s crying when he calls her up. He calls up his buddy to go drinking because he broke up. He also cries in the bar because he couldn’t control himself.
The uber human: girlfriend breaks up with him. He shrugs his shoulders because he has 2 girlfriends to begin with. His day continues as normal.
8. The sheeple: is excited for the latest released video game, TV shows and gadgets to fill up his un-important and hollow life. Lines up for the latest iphone 24 hours in advance. Goes shopping during the holidays, bumping into the other sheeples, hoping to catch the latest and greatest consumer products. Buys on credit card that he can’t afford to pay off. Drives home a happy consumer.
The uber human: Never goes shopping on holidays. Can afford to buy what he wants without waiting for it to go on sale. Buys with cash. Chuckles when he sees the sheeple line up at 5:00 AM to get their latest iphones.
9. The sheeple: watches movies or documentaries without thinking critically. Gets emotionally swayed by the movies / documentaries. Gets teary eyed during the sad scenes and laughs hysterically at the low brow humor.
The uber human: watches the movies or documentaries with a critical mind. Analyzes the various tropes and fallacies committed by the film maker. Thinks and arrives at his own conclusion after viewing the movie.
10. The sheeple: doesn’t read books, don’t want to learn, don’t care. Haven’t touched a book since graduating from school. Doesn’t see the value in learning because “HAHA, WHY DO I NEED TO? I WANT TO NETFLIX AND CHILL.”
The uber human: knows that abstract thinking and pattern recognition is what sets apart shit flinging monkeys and humans apart. Knows that the neocortex is God’s gift to mankind. Knows that it’s easy for man to a shit flinging ape in the zoo, or an Uber Human capable of space colonization, artificial intelligence creation or solving world hungry through vertical farm and mass salt water desalination.
11. The sheeple: blinded by evolution psychology, he’s mentally short sighted, so he eats burgers and pizzas and gets fat, buys consumer products on credit card and is in debt, lives paycheck to paycheck, watches sports and worship celebrities and athletes, thinks buying consumer goods on sale is an accomplishment, read books for entertainment value. Netflix and chill before going to bed.
The uber human: is not a slave to evolution psychology. Through the power of introspection and critical thinking, he’s able to over ride his old evolutionary instincts. Thus the uber human is above his sheeple human counterpart. The uber human sees life sees life with wonder, curiosity and amazement. Because he is meta-aware, he sees the long term consequences of his thoughts and actions.
12. The sheeple: engages in social media for vanity and narcissistic purposes. Waste time liking pictures on instagram and makes snapchat vids. Constantly checks his phone for social media likes in order to get his dopamine rush.
The uber human: doest not use social media. If he does, it’s for marketing or branding purposes (ie, make money)
13. The sheeple: does not care about privacy because he buys into the “I have nothing to hide” thinking but doesn’t understand that privacy is a basic human right. In a post Edward Snowden world, doesn’t care that the government spies on his phone calls and internet usage, and that mega corporations data mine and sell his social media information to marketing agencies. “I have nothing to hide!” he says, as he goes back to watching America Got Talent.
The uber human: takes privacy security measures to ensures that his private business stays private.
The future and you (the coming cyber economy)
In the future (10-25 years from now) there is going to be a large divide between the sheeples and the Uber Human.
Because of mass automation (when driverless technology becomes mainstream, millions will lose their jobs. Currently there are affordable robots like Baxter to do basic factory grunt work). Not to mention, artificial intelligent will render many middle class / white collar jobs obsolete.
10 years from now, most humans on this planet will be on the Internet. Thus, the merging cyber economy (thanks to cryto-currency, low barrier of entry for making money online ie, cytro-currency trading or starting an online retail store) will see a new class of people who mostly make their money in cyber space.
10 years ago, in 2006, the Internet wasn’t popular. Youtube wasn’t bought out by Google and if you were on the Internet, you where either a tech geek or researcher scientist. If you were on the Internet in 1999, you were the minority.
Nowadays, you have suburb moms video blogging about their days and getting into the affiliate marketing sphere (whereas, 10 years ago your average suburb mom had no idea what affiliate marketing is). Grandmas are using facebook and grandpas are browsing on porn sites.
As the baby boomers die off, the new generation will be technologically savvy and embrace the cyber economy because it is the new norm. Eventually society will migrate from working 9 to 5 in some office downtown to cyberspace, either you telecommute, or you have a micro-business online that you do for a living (ie, drop shipping, selling stuff on Amazon & Ebay, your own online retail store like shopify)
Shopping malls and stores are closing down because people are buying things online. This is a new era of cyber retail because of convenience and competitive pricing (ie, cheaper for the consumer)
This will happen, it’s only a matter of when. 500 years ago, 90+ percent of the population were farmers. Nowadays, only 3 percent of people living in the west are farmers.
Some say the middle class is shrinking, as the economy reaches market effectiveness (meaning, bullshit jobs are shaved off, middle class jobs are outsourced and offshore ((American car manufacturing jobs outsourced into Mexico)) and eventually automation will kill off a lot of white collar jobs.
This will happen sooner than people think, and the middle class sheeples will panic when they lose their jobs. They will panic because the world is moving into a cyber economy and they’re un-prepared on what to do.
Those who embrace the cyber economy, money awaits them (as they get first mover advantage as the masses are not aware yet)
Recommended reading for this month:
- The Lights in the Tunnel: Automation, Accelerating Technology and the Economy of the Future by Martin Ford
- The Sovereign Individual: Mastering the Transition to the Information Age by James Dale Davidson
- The Great Reckoning: Protecting Yourself in the Coming Depression by James Dale Davidson
- Propaganda by Edward L. Bernays
What if robots take all our jobs? Then what happens to society? “The Lights in the Tunnel” foretells what happens when smart machines and artificial intelligent replaces most jobs.
The “The Sovereign Individual” and “The Great Reckoning” by James Dale Davidson talks about mega politics – it’s a dense read that goes into how politics will be reshaped thanks to technological advances. Highly recommended read.
And then you got “Propaganda” by Edward L. Bernays, the “founding father” of public relationships. He candidly talks how propaganda is used – and it’s various techniques – to shape people’s opinions and tastes on a subconscious level. Read this book to guard your mind against propaganda and how to think with a critical mind.
The books above will give you a long term view of what’s to come. You can get the books for free by going to bookzz.org
Phew – that was a long post.
This is Max Uber, over and out.
PS: Any questions? Let me know.