I’m considering shutting down this blog down.
I’ll tell you why.
- Self development gurus are cringe. The only mainstream self development guru that is note worthy is Anthony Robbins. The “manosphere” blogs – you know which ones are popular – are full of cringe snakes oil sale men. They like to blog all day about “hurrr durr feminism sucks, you should lift weight and be strong hurrrr durrr, hurrr durr, here are 5 pick up lines to seduce women”. They will also try to sell to you supplements, t-shirts and “you should start your own blog too, just sign up under my affiliate link!” and e-courses.
- Lose of privacy. A self development blog requires me to show my face and demonstrate my lifestyle, to gain credibility. Who wants to read a self improvement blog by an anon? Nobody. The plebs are starting their own blogs and branding – a good idea is to do the opposite whatever the plebs are doing (yes, I was a pleb who needed to start a blog to get the conviction to become self actualized)
- The world doesn’t need another self improvement blog. That’s right – everything you need to know to self improve, is already on the Internet. Whether it’s lifting weight, starting a business or relationship advice, it’s all over the Internet. There are countless youtube channels and blogs and classical books to help you self improve.
- … thus, the self improvement and to the manosphere is just a cringe echo chamber “real men have beards” and “10 signs to tell a woman that she’s a slut”. Basically, the manosphere and the self improvement community is the online version of cosmopolitan.com with a “masculine twist.”
- The manosphere came from the pick up artist community (which is also cringe – I know, I was heavily into pick up for 4 years).
- Gullible middle age men and teenagers alike think they’re learning mind blowing information when they read the red pill but in reality, it’s just cringe and a waste of time.
Self improvement is important. Self improvement is a must, especially spiritual enlightenment.
However, I feel like I don’t have much to contribute anymore, simply because self improvement is already solvable:
- Focus on meditation and spiritual enlightenment. The highest order of self improvement is self actualization.
- Find, establish and maintain great relationships while removing toxic ones
- Read and write, focus on a habit of life long learning.
- Solve problems and help the world that you’re passionate about – if you can solve a problem people care about, they will pay you money for it. Thus, this solves the need for a dead end career or job.
- Lift weight, run, stretch, play sports. Health is the most important, followed by money and relationships.
You got your health, wealth, spirituality, and relationship covered. Now you’re a happy and self actualized person.
You are your own guru
You don’t need to listen to me or listen to some big, beady eyes with a squeaky voice manosphere guru to improve your life. You already have everything you need to self improve and become a better person.
… reading a blog is only a starting point. The journey starts when you decide to start a life long journey of self actualization; this means taking the right action every day and cultivating the correct mindset to become a better man.
As for myself, I find myself writing 10 pages of notes and observations in my private blog. I enjoy writing and self improving. However, I value my own privacy.
I’m at a cross road right now – I will think deeply on what to do with this site, because I know this site helps people.
This is Max Uber, over and out.